Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014 - Jaén, Espana

Hola todos!!

Well, it´s been another fast week as usual. It´s getting super hot here. I think I mentioned it last week or the week before, but it is normally 95 degrees at 10:30 an night here. Whew! Doesn´t seem to ever cool off but we are alive so it´s a miracle, haha.

Dani came to church again this week! Every week he seems to pay more and more attention to the lessons and the talks. We are excited for him. He is still a little hesitant on the whole baptism but he reads what we tell him to and is praying and coming to church, so it will happen. We love seeing his progression.

A member in our ward, Rafa, gave an excellent talk. He talked about afflictions and how everyone passes througfour them and how nobody ever thinks they are prepared for them. He talked about the Spain soccer team. Before the World Cup their heads were a little high and everyone thought they were going to win including themselves. Well as you all know, they didn´t win a single game. There was an interview with one of the head trainers and he said that it is when everything goes wrong that you see the real man for who he truly is. I loved that. It´s true...when we go through trials, our real self comes out. Something to think about.

Yesterday we had breakfast at the church. Us four missionaries got there before church started and made pancakes and ate them before the meetings. Perfect way to start a Sunday.

This week we have splits and I get to go back to Dos Hermanas!!! I´m super excited. Just to be back in that area again...it´s like going home!

Everything else is going great. I´m becoming a lemon bar queen here. I made them one time and now practically every time we go to someone´s house to eat, they ask me to make them. I guess it´s my new calling in life :)

Well, I hope everyone is doing well and you all enjoy the last week of July as we move on into August. Thanks for everything and talk to you next week!

Hermana Kunz
 
This week, it´s just food, haha...

This tortilla de patata is famous in the whole mission made by this lovely woman, Capilla

This chicken is just about the most delicious chicken in the whole world.