Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

April 18, 2013 - Madrid, Spain MTC

Hola familia y amigos!

Another week down and it has been one month to the day that I have been out. Crazy! It has been quite a month. A good one.

Let´s see what happened this week? The park was great. It was in the 80´s when we were there…it´s ok, be jealous. Absolutely beautiful day. We talked to a few people, and handed out a few Books of Mormons and all was well. My companion was Hermana Benson.  She doesn´t know Spanish yet but she will get there. She was awesome to have though cause she has a great attitude about everything. One lady we approached was not interested at all in what we had to say. She said she was 100% Catholic and never would change and didn´t want the Book of Mormon. This is where I learned a great lesson. When people aren´t interested, sometimes we just give them a pass along card and tell them to have a great day. I did so and the card had a picture of the temple on it.  She stopped me before I walked away and asked about it. I told her about it and told her about how families can be together because of the temple and her face completely softened. She asked for the book and asked when we held church so she could come see visit.  Here in the MTC, they always tell us to look for the needs of the investigators and follow the Spirit. Well it´s kind of hard to do that in the first two minutes of the conversation. But the Spirit knows exactly the person´s needs. The Spirit knew exactly what that woman needed and I had no clue that I was even being guided by the Spirit, but He worked through me to help that woman. It was pretty awesome.

On Sunday I had to give a talk about Faith. We all have to prepare a talk every Sunday and then they call random missionaries up to give it. This week the topic was faith and I was one of the lucky ones. It went well though. I told the story about David´s faith in going on a mission and I actually got many compliments on it so I was pretty happy. I got asked a lot of questions about him afterwards. So thanks David for making me have a good talk haha. 

I was going to tell everyone about the Sullivan´s blog but it looks like you already found it! Pretty cool eh? Pres. Sullivan is the first councilor here at the MTC. He and his wife were the ones in MOTAB so I LOVE hearing them sing. BEST. THING. EVER!

Two of the first missionaries to come to Spain spoke to us on Sunday night and that was really amazing. Crazy how much things have changed since then.

Let´s see not much else to really say. I tripped flat on my face a couple nights ago over some suitcases and that felt great. We seriously have Batman in our class…never knew Batman could speak about the gospel.

Oh and I used a Lord of the Rings quote in my lesson this week. Our investigator is struggling with happiness in life and he thinks that this life is only to suffer. So I talked about happiness in this life and to end I said, ¨There´s some good in this word Miguel, and it´s worth fighting for.¨ Best thing ever. I was pretty proud of myself. And he loved it haha.

Alright all that´s it for now. Today we are going to the second biggest museum in Europe. Should be awesome! This morning we went to the temple and I did the session in both Spanish and Italian. Haha it was pretty fun. There are a group of Italian missionaries here and it´s awesome to be able to speak with them. Love those languages! Only one more P-day here in the MTC and then to Malaga I go! I leave on April 30th. If you want to send me mail, don´t send it to the MTC anymore. I don´t think it will get to me in time. I don´t know the mission address off the top of my head so maybe mom you could put it down.

Love you all and thanks so much for everything!

Hermana Kunz