Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 11, 2013 - Madrid, Spain MTC


Hola familia y amigos!

Wow what a week. General Conference was the bomb.  I hope everyone watched it cause it was absolutely fantastic.  And can I just say that the day has finally come where they used a Lord of the Rings/ Hobbit reference in General Conference. Good old Uchtdorf made my life by using that reference. As you can all imagine, I was very excited. Read the talk if you missed it. I loved how he explained our journey back into our Heavenly Father´s arms. About how we knew what we were getting into when we came to this earth. We knew it was going to be hard and that there were going to be trials. But we also knew that Heavenly Father would be there every step of the way and that he provided a plan. So we took the step and here we are. On our journey back into Heavenly Father´s arms. When he was talking about it, I thought about how it is kind of like a mission. We know missions are going to be hard and that we will have trials. But we also know that Heavenly Father will be there and will help us through. So now here I am completely on my journey of a mission and will go back into my loving family´s arms. Loved that talk.

I loved hearing MOTAB too. I miss going to watch them every week so that made me very happy. One of the councilors here at the MTC and his wife were both in the choir and when they sing, it is just amazing. It was very cool in conference to sing and pray. We were all doing it together! It was like I was with you all singing and praying. Kinda cheesy I know, but it was cool for me to think about.

So on Saturday we went contacting and guess who I was paired up with?! Another Russian! Hahaha it was pretty funny. So once again, the Spanish was all on me. But it is good practice for me so I was happy. We actually had a pretty cool experience. We stopped a lady on the streets and she started talking with us. Well I felt impressed to tell her that Heavenly Father just loves her. It was amazing. I could just feel the love He had for her. So I told her and she started to cry. She started to cry and was telling me that she really wants to know that and then we got into a discussion about the problems with her family so I leaded into talking about how families can be together forever and showed her a picture of the temple. We talked for about 20 minutes and it was just a really cool experience. It was a miracle in itself that I understood what she was saying haha.

Last P-day we went to Madrid and took this chairlift thing over the city and over this beautiful park. It was so awesome. It gave us gorgeous views of the city. Today I´m not totally sure what we´re doing.

Last week on April 6th it was Jesus´ birthday and guess what we did to celebrate….sang Christmas songs!!!! Yahoo! It was awesome.

We got new investigators and one of ours is Catholic. He had me smell his beads on the first visit and asked me if he could teach me how to dance. This will be quite interesting!

Let´s see what else…oh I got pooped on by a bird! Haha and I was cleaning poop off of the temple too! Watch me never clean poop again! Silly bird.

I´m sorry if I am not responding to emails right now. We only get 30 minutes on the computer and I just can´t write this email and respond to everyone in that time. Hopefully out in the field I will have more time. Same with pictures. I have pictures but just don´t have time to load them. I´m sorry! So much to share in too little time!

Alright all. I love you so much! Thanks for all the love, support, and prayers. I appreciate every single one of you.

Hermana Kunz