Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013 - Dos Hermanas, Espana

Hola todos!

Happy Thanksgiving week to start off on! What an awesome week. It is a little sad not to be in the States because here they don´t celebrate Thanksgiving, but we got to have it!!!! Haha it was awesome. On Saturday, the Elders and us started out at a member´s house to do service. We got to paint his house which has been one of my dreams since being on the mission. Well, it finally came true and no surprise I ended up with paint all over my face and in my hair. It was the best. We ate a huge lunch at their house and then we had to go to a Thanksgiving dinner. There are a few Americans in our Ward because there is a military base near Dos Hermanas so they invited us over and I about died with the food. Stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, turkey, cranberry sauce....everything was there. Oh, and of course pie. Best thing ever. So I was happy to get my Thanksgiving.

Transfers are this week and since Hermana Hodson is going home in two weeks, we are going to be a trio for that time. Hermana Wilcox is coming! I am so excited for her to get here. She has had a lot of time on the mission and is a rockstar missionary. We are very excited.

The Elders in our ward had a baptism with a mom and two kids. Holy cow, the Spirit was so strong. The mom has cancer, is going to die soon, so it was so special to see her baptized with her kids. Mistake on my part by playing the piano at the baptism last week because I had to play again at this baptism. But, it turned out really good because we had some singers with beautiful voices...drowned out my playing a little!

We are still working with the family. They are completely ready. Tonight we are going to see what happens cause we are going to teach them a bold lesson. They need to do it soon because they have such a strong spirit with them, and if they don´t act soon, that spirit is going to drop. So we are praying for a miracle.

Splits this week were so fun. I went to Valdepeñas which is up North. I was with Hermana Israelson which made us both very happy. I learned a ton from her. That´s what I love about this position. I feel like I learn more from the other sisters than they learn from me. 

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!! Eat an extra plate for me while you´re at it! Love you all and am so thankful for everything.

Hermana Kunz


Splits!


Paint fight!!!