Pages

Monday, July 08, 2013

July 8, 2013 - San Fernando, Spain

Hola todos!

This week was great. Started out by going to Malaga to the mission home to get my residency card. I got to see some MTC friends which was so awesome. I got to see my companion Hermana Guymon! I miss her so much. It was so cool to see everyone. We had a great time together. Haha, total Laura moment...Hermana Guymon and I were walking down the street and I was looking down and 100% totally ran into a pole. Straight on ran into it. Hermana Guymon had to catch me from falling. Whew - you could say my head hurt a little. We had to stop walking from laughing so hard. The brother who was guiding us everywhere thought I was going to die and then thought we were crazy for just sitting there laughing. It was an awesome moment.

The wind this week has been out of this world. The scale here is 1 to 5 and it has been a 4 for the past couple days. Crazy! It is especially dangerous to be a sister missionary in it. I tried putting pennies on the bottom of my skirt to keep it down haha. At zone conference, the zone leaders made a rule that the girls had to walk in the back. Haha crazy wind!

Well if any of you haven´t seen The New Vision, GO WATCH IT IMMEDIATELY!!!! It was amazing! I was in awe after it. I loved the soccer example about working together towards the same goal. It has everything to do with the missionary work right now. I´m excited to put this into practice here in San Fernando.

Today we went to Cadiz with a member and her daughter and her daughter´s friend. Her daughter served her mission in England and her friend was her companion and she came to visit her. How fun is that!

Let´s see I think that´s about it for this week. Everything is going well in the mission. I´m enjoying the Lord´s tender mercies in my life everyday and the great spirit I can feel in every lesson. This sure is the Lord´s work I´ll tell you what. It's really cool to be serving such a great cause and helping people become happier through the gospel. IT'S TRUE!!!!

Thanks to everyone and love you all!

Hermana Kunz


Pics:
Friends from the MTC
Wearing red, white blue and celebrating 4th of July with ice cream
Delicious Spanish cuisine
Cadiz with the member, her daughter and daughter's friend
Laying in a rock that goes back past the time of Christ
Cadiz coast
Celebrating the 4th of July with, what else? A cowboy hat!