Pages

Monday, October 07, 2013

October 7, 2013 - Elche, Espana

Buenos dias a todos!

Well, holy conference!!!! How awesome was that?!?! Blew me away! I just love conference. Now we have to start another paper chain for 6 months! There are so many things I could say about conference. We haven´t seen the last session yet. But the first three were amazing. We might watch it today for pday...and maybe in English this time! I do have to say that conference is much better in English than in Spanish. It just isn´t the same not being able to hear the voice of the prophet. I really loved President Eyring's talk about how people are put especially in our lives because Heavenly Father knows we will be able to love them no matter what. How many times do we see that in our lives. It is truly amazing how people are put into our lives. Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is doing. It was cool because we got to watch Saturday and Sunday morning sessions live so we were all singing and praying together! The only time in the mission where we will be doing the same thing. I felt just a little closer to home. It was a pretty special moment for all of us missionaries. What a great weekend. LOVE CONFERENCE!!! Hope everyone watched it and was filled with guidance in their lives.

Next week are transfers. I am absolutely in no way at all looking forward to them. Hermana Cameron and I will be split. The thing is is that we don´t know which one of us is going to leave. We have both been here the same time so it could be either one of us and the other will stay with Hermana Hubbard and finish her training. There aren´t any new Hermanas coming in this transfer...our mission has hit its maximum...so no matter what I will have a normal transfer for the first time! Haha, pretty crazy. I have to stay though, I have come to really love Elche. At the beginning it was difficult cause I wanted San Fernando so badly again and was not ready to leave. But I have really grown to love this place. I could spend a lot more time here. I am hoping I will stay cause I am definitely not ready to leave these people and this area. I have been so stinking lucky with my mission.

Let´s see what else besides conference. I can´t think of anything else cause our focus this week was so much on conference. Haha, the ward here knows me as the earthquake. They all call me it. Whenever I walk in they go, ¨The earthquake has arrived!¨It´s pretty funny.

Esmeralda is doing good. She had some great questions last time we met on where power comes from in other churches. When people from other churches preform miracles that actually work, where does it come from? It was a great lesson. And it is going to continue the next time.

Gracia came to conference for the perfect session. Especially Elder Holland talking about depression. She has been struggling with this a lot in her life so I think that really hit home for her. She is so awesome. I can't wait for her to get baptized.

Well shoot I can´t think of anything else for right now. If you haven´t watched conference yet, GO WATCH IT!!!! It´s stinking amazing. Miracles come from it.

Love you all and thanks so much for everything. Hasta luego!!!

Hermana Kunz