Pages

Monday, August 05, 2013

August 5, 2013 - Elche, Spain

Hola todos!

Well, second week down, and whew! That´s about all I have to say, haha. Opening a new area is hard. It´s a good challenge though. Hermana Cameron and I are learning a lot. Especially on relying on the Lord. We couldn´t do any of this without the Lord´s help, that´s for sure. It would be absolutely impossible.

Let´s see....here in Elche, this whole month is festival. So there are constant firecrackers going off everywhere and huge BOOMS everywhere you go. It sounds like the hunger games...uh oh, another one died. It´s pretty fun. But it scares me half to death every single time.

We had a miracle though! Last week a lady named Gracia came to church. It was our first time to church as well so everything was new but a member came up to me and told me that they had never seen her before. We went up to her and talked and she said she was interested so she came on her own. We wrote down her number and called and we had a lesson with her this past week. We invited her to church with us and she came. She is really looking for peace in her life and has studied with just about every church out there. I really hope we can give her the peace she is looking for. She is so great! I just hope that church wasn´t too overwhelming for her this time....some of the members opened their mouths a little too much and she looked a little scared. We´ll hope for the best.

Haha, here´s a Laura story. It was bedtime, and I turned the lights off and was going to head around the corner and turned a little too early and SMACK!!! Went right into the wall. Hermana Cameron came running cause she thought somebody broke in, she turned on the lights and there I was with blood streaming out of my nose totally dizzy. My nose was pretty swollen the next day. Haha, definitely a Laura moment.

Well, let´s see, I think that´s all for now. Everything else is good. We are walking a lot and sweating a lot. It´s SUPER humid here which is great for my hair as you can imagine, haha.

Being here has done crazy things to my testimony. Like I said before, there is no way on earth this work would be getting done without the Lord´s hand in it. It is so cool to see how much the Lord loves missionary work.

Thanks everyone for everything and hope all is well. Love you all!

Hermana Kunz