Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014 - Jaén, Espana

Hello all!

Well I am going to be honest, I have been dreading writing this email. I´m not quite sure what to say in it. This last week has been great. I will start off with the great things. 

I had splits with Hermana Cameron and it was so much fun to be together once again. We went on a really long run in the morning all around Jaén, and it was a perfect way to spend one of my last mornings there. Running through those streets thinking of all the wonderful memories there and what a special home it has been.

We also had a wedding this week with some investigators that have been waiting for about 2 years now for their papers to get married so they can get baptized. Well it finally happened and they got married. It was so fun to be there for them and to see how happy they were. They will be baptized next month which is something they have been looking forward to for a loooooong time. Miracles happening I´ll tell ya!

The rest of the week has been full of goodbyes...and hard ones. Yesterday in Sacrament it was awful! I gave a talk and it was so hard to look out at all those people who have become my family and think that I might not see some of them ever again. It is awful! At the end, they all stood up and we sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again. Whew, that one sent me over the edge! It was all so perfect. Now we have a couple more people to see before I leave on Wednesday. This ward has been such a blessing. I have had so many good experiences with them. I have had good experiences with all the people in Spain in the areas I have served in. I have been so blessed to be with all of them. They have given me the testimony that the Lord really does send you where you need to go on a mission and to the people who will help you most to grow. The people here in Spain have helped me in ways they will never know and I will forever be grateful to them for it. I wish I could put them all in my bag and take them back with me! It´s interesting because for members of a ward, missionaries come and go and it is normal for them. But for us missionaries, our wards in which we serve in become our families and our homes. It is so hard to leave these people who have made such a difference in my life in such a big way.

Well, I just want to thank you all for everything. Really thank you all for your prayers and your support. Coming on a mission has been the biggest blessing in the world. My love for the gospel has grown in ways I never knew were possible. My testimony of Christ and all he has done has increased because of the little tender mercies that the Lord has shown me during this year and a half. He is so mindful of every single one of us and wants us to be happy so bad. I am so grateful for the love that He has for all of us and how often He shows it. I look forward to continually grow in the gospel and use all the the Lord has taught me here to continue on. Gah, I don´t want to end this email, but I will leave it at that. Just know that I love this gospel and all it has to offer for families and I know that it has a power that will bring true happiness. I´m so grateful for the blessing I have had to serve the people in Spain and for the many, many, many blessings the Lord has given me here with people, experiences, miracles, everything. The mission is amazing! Thank you all for everything, and I love you!!!!

Hermana Kunz

Hermana Cameron and I once again in action!

My beautiful Jaén and I!

Luis and Ester who got married :)

My sis Sara and I

Love Jaén!

Hermana Fumero and I :)

Virginia. Greatest girl in the world!

The Cruz family. Definitely will miss them.